Being vegan/vegetarian is a big part of my life. I am very proud to be it and advise others to read more into where there food is coming from,and how the animals are being tortured and treated like garbage! It is terrible how animals and the environment is now a days.I'm not saying stop eating animal all together right away just try some vegan recipes once in a while and see how yummy meals can be without it and check out some videos of animal slaughter.
Here are a few vegan recipes to try today :)
Vegan pancakes are cholesterol-free and delicious. There are lots of recipes but try this one: Serves 4.
Mix 500g flour (white or whole wheat), 4 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp salt and then stir in 1.5 pints of fruit juice (orange or apple are best). Lightly oil a frying pan over a medium high heat. Spoon the batter into the pan and make several small pancakes at a time. When the tops are bubbly, turn them over and cook until golden. Serve with maple syrup,fruits,vegan sausage/bacon & scrambles tofu for sides.
Black Bean Brownies
- 15 ounce(s) of black beans, drained/rinsed
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup(s) of agave nectar
- 1/4 cup(s) of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) of raw sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) of oats
- If using rolled oats, pulse in food processor until more granulated like instant oats.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease anf 8x8" pan and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients, except oats, in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, scrapping sides as needed.
- Stir in the oats and pour batter into the pan.
- Bake approx 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing. The brownies firm as they cool. For a cool, fudge treat, keep them in the fridge.
- 1 package of shell pasta
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 1 desired amount of nutritional yeast
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- 1 desired amount of salt and pepper
- 1 squirt of lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the shell pasta - you can make the filling in a food processor, or you can use your hand s.
- If you are making it by hand, mash up the tofu until it resembles a firm ricotta cheese texture.
- Add desired amount of nutritional yeast, basil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- In a casserole dish, spread out some tomato sauce.
- Fill the shells with a couple spoon-fulls of the tofu filling.
- Top with the remaining tomato sauce, and bake for 15-20 minutes.