Sunday, February 21, 2010

Checking Out Your Local Library ..


Next time you have free time,check your hometown library you will be surprised what you will find there. It is like a whole new world in there! When you are younger you are forced to go to library for school and projects but now that we are all older ,we can appreciate the quality and effectiveness the library brings. Every couple of weeks to month ,My other mother and I visit the library for new ideas,inspirations and creativeness for our new items we create. Everyone needs a little inspiration sometimes nobody has all the answers,and thats what the library brings us.

You will find something for everyone in the thousands of books they supply.They have old classic books to new books that are so expensive you do not want to spend all that money on something you will only look at a few times.The library is a great place for you to find new and exciting books you can look at for a couple of weeks to a month and you do not have to pay anything or pay very little.

My section of chose is the baking section,because that is my passion.I love reading the old 1950s cook books when desserts were simple chocolate cakes to todays books from Martha Stewart and Betty Crocker that make cupcakes,cakes,and candies into anything your imagination can come up with.My yummy creationss are created from inspiration from all these decades combined.

My latest visit was yesterday,were I took out 4 new books especially one great one called " Confetti Cakes for Kids" by New York Citys Famed Bakery Elis Strauss.This book blew me away by the way she creates a regular cupcake into burger and fries to a sock money on top of sewing material cake.And she teaches you step by step on how to make it and how to use different baking materials.The best thing about this book is I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING TO LEARN ALL OF THIS!

So take a trip to the library with friends,family,your kids or even by yourself and take out a new book and enjoy the endless possibilities :D

6 comments:

  1. Great post! My MIL is a librarian, and I can't stress how important libraries are to a fully functional community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D They really are important ,people dont give it much credit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I am a library junkie. I cruise the Amazon database for new titles, then copy/paste the ones I like into the library's database and put a hold on everything they have. They don't have everything I see that I like, but hey - it's the library. I could never in a hundred lifetimes go through everything they do have that interests me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i our library and a new multi million $ one is comin' to town- can't wait!! i'm your newest follower...i followed your command on twitter (chinamommy04 on twitter)
    ~cm
    http://chinamommy04.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank u everyone for being a library person! I am so glad to see people that enjoy the library just as much as me :)

    ReplyDelete